Are You Prepared for an Emergency?
If you get stuck in a natural disaster or encounter some other type of emergency situation, your access to services, water, food, electricity, etc. may be cut off. It may just be for a few hours, but it could last days or even weeks. That’s why having an emergency supply kit is so important. You should have a kit for your home, your office, you car, and anywhere else you and your family spend a lot of time.
The following is a list of things you should have prepared and easily accessible in case of emergency. Having a well-stocked kit can make weathering a storm a lot more safe, comfortable, and easy for you and your loved ones. Here are the things you will want to pack in your emergency kits:
• Food. It needs to be non-perishable, long-lasting, and easy-to-prepare.
• Water. Each person will need one gallon a day. If this isn;t feasible, at the very least have a portable water purification/filtration system.
• A can opener for canned foods.
• A flashlight with extra batteries.
• An NOAA Weather Radio (solar, battery, or hand-crank powered)
• Cell phone chargers.
• A well-stocked first aid kit.
• An emergency blanket.
• Medical supplies, including medications, medical paperwork, etc.
• Toiletries, including soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc.
• A multi toll or army knife.
• Matches, candles, fire-starting kit, flares, etc.
• A small amount of cash
• A change of clothes for each person
Check out our recommendations when it comes to the best emergency preparedness products.